I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 9 March 2014

spring temptation



At last! The first of spring months and it is as if the nature is trying to make up for last two months; it is wall to wall sunshine and temperatures in double figures. Has the spring really arrived early and is it here to stay?
Lets hope so...........

Now, I know that I have enough stitching on the go, and yes, I did say I am on the roll with the Scandinavian Rose quilt, and yes, I do want to finish it, BUT - with all this new energy outside I just could not resist. It is just calling for a new project, something light and fun - I had this planned for some time, a wall hanging for our dining area. It is yet to be renovated, so it gives me time...






Do you sometimes have this precise idea about the fabric you need/want, but you just can't find it? I am sure you know what I mean. I wanted this pin dot on cream, and eventually I found that "Ice Cream" by American Jane for Moda was just the thing. Unfortunately I could not find it in UK, so ordered it directly from American Jane . At extra cost of course, but it is just what I want to use as a background to my wall hanging. The lovely blue at the top came with the same order.
DH away today, watching Six Nations game England - Wales at Twickenham, house to myself, time to start my new project.




I found this little primula and crocuses in my new header on the pile of soil in "not yet my garden".
They are trying so hard to stay alive, I will move them to a new flower bed soon.



                                                         Have a great week!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

11 comments:

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
How nice to start a new projekt right now, here it is also almost spring -
happy stitching
Hanna

Gudrun said...

Loke your new project!
hugs Gudrun

Gudrun said...

Like I mean--of course:-)))
Hugs

Annemariesquilt said...

Love your new hen.
Yes spring is almost here too, I cannot wait !

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Cheery new projects. I love chooks. Spring can not come to soon.. Hugs Judy

Helen said...

It looks like a very exciting new project, will look forward to your progress.:-)

Ajka said...

Jé, to je krásná velikonoční dekorace:-)
Ajka

margaret said...

loving your chicken, re the fabric did you manage to get it without being hammered for customs duty? It puts me off buying from America as I have hear so many tales of excess to pay.
We had a beautiful day yesterday too, nor going to be so warm today though

Anneliese said...

How lovely this new start in spring - one wants to start many things at once.

Nähmeise said...

very beautiful fabrics you have chosen for the new project. the rooster looks so great. I look forward to more pictures.

katherine said...

Fantastic new project and why not with spring on the way for you. I am waiting for autumn ... it will arrive eventually.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017