I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 4 May 2014

bluebell time





You can see them everywhere, in the woods, on grass verges on the sides of roads, in gardens. Something to look forward to every spring, my favorite time of year, with the fresh greens of young leaves.
                               












These are pictures from the forest on the Stourhead Estate.
Not all bluebell flowers are fully opened yet, but already there is a blue carpet through the woods.







And as if to prove that the nature is not perfect - one white among all that blue.






The spring is the best time of the year for wild flowers.





















In our new garden - a young quince tree, planted this winter, is in full bloom.







Enjoy your weekend!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

8 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous photos !

Jen said...

Hello Radka,Really lovely seeing the wild flowers and especially the Bluebells. The quince is looking very healthy ,lovely flowers similar to a gardenia.

Vlaďka Cepáková said...

Miluji tyhle zvonečkové fotky. Vypadá to, že jsou u vás v Anglii běžné, jako tady sasanky nebo pomněnky. Já mám modré i bílé zvonečky ve skalce, zrovna začínají kvést, ale takovou louku plnou zvonečků se mi asi nepodaří vidět. Tak alespoň tady u tebe.

Kitchener Quilter said...

Such lovely flowers you have around you. Spring flowers really are wonderful. We are still waiting on ours here, but they won't be long.

margaret said...

like you i love the bluebells and went to our local woods last monday and got lots of photos, your quince looks good too

Dianne said...

Utterly beautiful. I have never seen quince flowers. Do you eat the fruit? I agree that spring is the best season.

katherine said...

The bluebells are beautiful.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Ooh I almost missed this lovely post Radka!
I've been longing to see the sheets of bluebells in the woods of beautiful England - they just take my breath away. We have a few in Cornwall Park where I walk as often as I can - but nothing like this - hopefully they will multiply over time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017