my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 14 May 2016

crab apple tree


We have been enjoying some beautiful summer days in May (20C +), and the garden has suddenly woken up.
But all change again; I have planted out some pots, but will have to bring them under a cover, because we are supposed to get some very cold weather this weekend, possibly a touch of frost.
The last frost damaged the plum blossom, so no plums this year :-(
 I hope this lovely quince blossom will not suffer the same fate.

quince tree blossom








The pretty lilac bush, planted only last year, is obviously quite happy; it has more flowers than I expected.






























I have been spending lots of time outside this week, and it was great to be able to do some stitching in the garden.

Besides carrying on with hand quilting Cool Flying Geese quilt (when it wasn't too warm),
I finished the third block for Chateau Hexagon project,




and made one of the two April Quiltmania blocks.




I wish a happy stitching weekend to you all!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

7 comments:

margaret said...

like you the frost got my plum tree flowers but the apple and cherry seem to be okay. Lilac looks lovely and can almost smell it. Loving your wheel barrow and the applique flowers look very good. The mini summer was lovely whilst it lasted

Juliettecherry said...

I always love to see how your garden is progressing. It looks so lovely this best of months.

Stitching for me will be to continue a crewel work cushion which is underway, and keep up to date with a CAL, new block on Tuesday!. Also some fine 2 ply knitting for expected baby twins (not mine!).

Anneliese said...

Yes, these are the Ice-Saints (Eisheiligen) - a pity for the plums - the tree will have a quiet time to rest and do a double harvest next year.
Our cherry tree carries many (of course still green and tiny) cherries although no bee was flying because of cold weather when it was in blossom. We will again have many and can't crop them while being in holidays - so neighbours will have the fun and profit. I love the block fo Chateau Hexagon - very sweet - and the flowers are beautiful, too.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Oj, Radka, to je škoda slivky!
Aj u nás teraz schladilo a prší. Dúfam, že mráz už nepríde.
Krásny blog!!!!
Pááá

Helen said...

Very pretty block, love your garden !

Gudrun said...

Beautiful photos,all of them.
At least we have got some rain and we all are happy here in southeast of Sweden.

sigisart said...

Dear Radka,
lovely fotos. And your thrid block of the Chateau just looks sunny and like a wonderful day in summer.
The April Quiltmania Block is stunning.
Hugs
sigisart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017