I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 22 March 2011

missed anniversary


How could that happen? I know, somewhere between working, looking after the house, DH, grandchildren  (not necessarily in that order), stitching, getting exited about the spring, I forgot my anniversary!!! 

On the 10th March it was one year since I discovered blogging!!!

It all started by chatting to friends on the Country Bumpkin  forum (forum no longer exists) about our stitching and trying to show each other what we were up to. The downloads there were somewhat limited and some members referred to their blogs for better pictures.
So, I googled "how to start a blog" and from there it was a very steep learning curve, with some scary and very confusing moments! Not so long before that, the computers to me was just a tool for my work and suddenly I was discovering the fun side of them.

But I wasn't on my own. With the support from my Forum friends, Linda and Dian, who also just started or were about to start their blogs and Katherine, who by then was an old hand at blogging, I managed to overcome my (adopted ) English reserve and the rest, as they say, is a history. I discovered a whole new world I didn't know existed!
As Linda says in her latest post, I too am constantly amazed that anyone out there is interested in reading my blog, and more to the point, commenting on my mutterings.
So big thank you to all of you, my blogging friends! (I was going to write my "cyber friends", but you all are so real.) You all have become a big part of my life, thank you for your visits, your comments and your constant support.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you! I enjoy reading your 'mutterings' even if I am not always very good in leaving a comment... life, you know!

    have a lovely day!
    mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary Radka, I love following you blogg.. Yes blogging is a fun way learning new things about quilting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Radka, congratulations for your anniversary - The blogger friends are so real to me as if I knew them personally - it is really a new world that opened up - sitting at the table with the "cuppa" seeing all those lovely works and get inspired. Thank your for your very informative "mutterings", ha, ha!
    Anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Radka how could you forget...lol....happy anniversary....I was so happy when i got to the stitch show on saturday as in the afternoon we ventured upstairs and straight in front of me was a small part of the foundling hospital expedition and i finally got to see these amazing pieces, brought the book, postcards and some material xx thanks again as if it hadnt been you blogging about it i would have never known xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, its fun isn't it....creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it must have been about the time Radka. I remember how difficult it was getting pictures onto that Forum. It is a whole new brave world, and I'm pleased to have some stitching friends to hold my hand as I try to explore everything. Congratulations to you for blogging, and sharing what you see in your world. I am constantly amazed at the talent lurking quietly behind a computer screen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Seems longer than that LOL. I enjoy visiting and sharing all things embroidery or scrapbooking with other friendly likeminded souls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Times runs sooo fast and a blog-year is somehow very short ;-).
    Blogging is great, but sometimes also very time-consuming.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your anniversary, dear Radka, and many happy returns!
    Blogging is a wonderful way to get into contact with other quilters from all over the world...and so inspiring!
    Have a lovely day!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017