I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 16 September 2012

busy post week



It is hard to believe that another week has gone by. The pleasant start to autumn is still with us, sometimes sunny, sometimes windy, but mostly dry. There is still plenty of colour to be found in the garden.

Our postman was really busy this week, having to walk the path to our house nearly every day.




The most important and exiting was a packet from Australia. This was the prize from a giveaway on Katherine's blog Rose Cottage, a needle case made by her.


This pretty little needle case has already found its way to my basket. 
No, I did not make the pin cushion either, this was another present from a friend. A needle case is something I have been promising to myself for a long time, but never got around to making one.
But as you see, this wasn't the only present from Katherine, there was also a nice little fabric card and a bar of CHOCOLATE! Well, I think we can take care of that! Thank you so much, Katherine!


What else did the postman bring this week?
Magazines, some new, some old and trusted.

                      

With the new Quiltmania magazine arrived latest "architect's" drawings for the next housing settlement in the Yoko Saito's Mystery BOM quilt.
This is the largest one to date, not in size of the block, but in number of houses to be "built".

While in the meantime I am still busy building block 4.


Another arrival this week are the instructions for the next block of Lynette Anderson's Fernhill BOM.


Last night we saw on our television the last of the re-run of Downton Abbey, both series one and two, as tonight starts the brand new one, starting with Matthews and Mary's wedding, with the appearance of Shirley MacLaine as Cora's mother. Can't wait! See you there!




I wish you all a happy stitching week!






13 comments:

  1. Ahoj Radko,i u nás se již schyluje k podzimu.
    Já mám podzim docela ráda,pokud tedy není moc deštivo.Těším se z barev kolem a vzduch se mi zdá o něco dýchatelnější.Jehelníček je moc hezký.
    Přeji hezké příští dny ahoj liba

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot to do! I'm so jealous, we won't get Downton Abbey until after the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radka, you are really busy with many projects.The house building is so big and beautiful .
    Wish you a nice week !
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  4. SI que ha estado ocupado el cartero
    Los regalos son preciosos
    Besos Mayte

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see your magazines, gifts and projects Radka. You are very fortunate to have one of Katherine's hand made gifts. She is a remarkably busy girl. Love your floral shots as always. Sadly, I don't get to see DA, and I know I would enjoy it......... Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. like you I was looking forward to Downton Abbey and it did not disapoint, glad I was not living in those days as knowing my luck I would have been down in the servant quarters!!
    was not going out today but looks as though I need to go and get the latest workbox magazine
    Love the quilt blocks you are working on,.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the parcels Radka! I love Downton Abbey, but unfortunately the next series doesn't start here for awhile. Can't wait to see the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of pleasure looking at the telly

    I'm curious about the cover image on magazine the workbox

    google didn't help me
    can you tell me what artist made it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Che bel post pieno di avvenimenti!!! E' bello sentirti così in forma. Un grande abbraccio
    Emi

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much for your effort. I can't google her either and no images availabe too.
    Again thanks..ragmate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i cant wait for the 3rd series to start here and i am enjoying watching call the midwife at the moment too. didn't know how i felt about it after the first episode but love it now. i'm glad everything arrived safely and as i said before can't believe how quick it arrived. enjoy your needlecase radka

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear Radka,
    i like your new header - have the same flowers in my garden, Japanese anemone, maybe ?
    Much joy continue "building houses" !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to see your Yoko Saito-quilt when it's ready. I like your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017