I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 2 September 2012

start of autumn


So here comes September, the first of our autumn months. The garden is taking on a more seasonal look.



I have now finished the first five stitchery blocks plus corner log cabin blocks of Fernhill BOM by Lynette Anderson. Four more blocks are due, but you can already see the autumn feel of this quilt.
I have not yet stitched on any of the Lynette's buttons, I am leaving this to the end.



The house building on the block 4 of Yoko Saito's Mystery Quilt is also in progress.



The postman was kind to me this week, delivering two packages:
another pattern from Helena at Syverkstan, this time a Season Bag


and a delicious new fabric Phenomenal Fall by Sandy Gervais for Moda, which arrived from Thread Bear.


Can you see a possible connection here?

Have a wonderful week!




11 comments:

  1. You can really feel the autumn in the air - specially today. It´s been a rather cold, windy and grey day over here. Your Lynette Anderson BOM looks amazing! It´s fun to see swedish text in your pictures. It´s usually the other way around. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blooms, as always. I am loving your embroidery and applique. You are making such progress on them. I hope your autumn will be pleasant. Today it feels like spring here, but it was quite cold this morning, and yesterday morning. We had a little bit of rain, but need more now. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obdivuji tvoji píli, Radko. Moc se mi líbí výšivky (to je nějaký styl? viděla jsem nedávno knihu s podobnými) a na domečky jsem také hodně zvědavá. Počasí by mělo být ještě teplé, tak ať nám přeje a můžeme ještě pobývat venku v zahradách. Hezké dny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Spring here too. I love the flower pics and also the wonderful stitcheries. I am hoping to regain my enthusiasm soon.

    Those fabrics look so perfect for the Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej adka!
    I love that bag, I have that pattern in the swedish quilt magazine Fat Quarter.The fabrics will be great.
    I just had some wonderful days with two of my children and Birgittas Bill in Denmark,most of the time in Skagen and Tversted.
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Radka. Even here in Tunisia, it has rained and the temperature has dropped. I even had to put a quilt on the bed last night. Oh, the luxury of natural air conditioning! I love Autumn. Plants seem inspired to produce a second bloom. Your garden looks beautiful and my garden is perking up. Your BOM projects are shaping up beautifully, too. Love the Moda fall fabric.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Radka, you have been busy, the blocks look to be coming along well. The lovely autumn fabric will make up very well for the bag.

    Don't we love parcels arriving with exciting things for our needlework projects? I had one this weekend too, but mine is for a cross stitch project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Radka,
    Your flowers are so beautifeul, your projects lookgreat and I love your new fall fabrics -
    have a great fall -
    greetings from Austria where we still have summer
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Radko ty teda pilne pracujes .Domecky ti take hezky pribyvaji a ty latky na tasku jsou moc hezke.Chtela bych se zeptat ,u vas podzim zacina prvniho Zari a nebo dvacatyho tretiho Zari?

    ReplyDelete
  10. such wonderful inspiration! you have also won my little needlebook so send me an email with your details please so i can send it off to you. macwin@dodo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. autumn feeling..
    when I look at your beautiful fabrics !
    much success for your next projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017