I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 23 November 2012

just playing

I am taking a small break from "building houses" for the Yoko Saito's Mystery Quilt, but because of "other distraction" I did not get around to other stitching either during the past week. I needed a quick project to stop me being miserable and I remembered I always wanted to make a doll quilt, but never quite got around to it.




Inspired by books by Kathleen Tracy and Mary Jenkins I sorted out some small pieces of fabric from my stash. I remembered a pattern I saw in the Magic Patch magazine and eventually found it.





The great thing about doll quilts is that they are so quick to make and you use so little fabric and wadding, mostly found in your stash, so no extra cost there. And, of course, they are such fun to make. Two days later:



I think my doll likes it...



© pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2012

Size: 25cm x 25cm
Pattern: Magic Patch magazine
Fabric: from stash
Quilting threads: Aurifil


the post you are reading is on pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk
(sorry about this, but if I'll remember I will put this on every post in the future)


Which brings me to a quick note regarding my last two posts. Firstly, thank you for your comments on the subject and thank you Elizabeth (who had the similar experience a while ago) for holding my hand.
I have spent a lot of valuable computer time trying to find out about blogs being "scraped" (this is one of the terms being used, there are others, but I like this one). There is lots of info out there, this is just a couple of useful bits here and here, if you want find out more.
What I have found out is that if someone really wants to steal your stuff, there is nothing you can do about it, and unless you a computer whizkid, you will not know it is happening. Now and then it just might be worth your while to enter a title of one of your post into a search engine to see if it takes you anywhere else besides your own blog.
And while I was being miserable and spending my computer time in this unproductive way, I have not been stitching or visiting your blogs, I have been missing all those wonderful projects you are working on.
So, back to stitching and blogging, I am not giving up. I am having far too much fun and I love your company. I will pop in to see you soon!

Enjoy your weekend!




9 comments:

  1. Radka, I have been preoccupied with family issues lately and have not been reading your blog so will go back and look at previous posts.
    I love the quilt. What a great idea. I might need to make one today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and doll!

    Have a great weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your doll`s quilt Radka, with the cold weather here she will appreciate it!!

    So glad you are to continue blogging, if you look at it another way I suppose you could feel flattered that someone was so impressed with your work they wanted to claim it as there own.There are so devious people out there to watch out for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your doll quilt! My American Doll Kristin says that she also "must" have a new quilt!
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dolly quilt and I agree that are lots of fun to make. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youor quilt is very nice! I can see you put your blog name on your photos, it's a good idea I think.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your doll quilt and look forward to your visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your doll quilt is lovely and sweet. i think I have to do some later for my old doll furnitures.
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Radka, and what a lovely little dolly quilt!! I am so sad to read about the 'stolen content', as you know. I have also been absent from blogging for various reasons, so beg forgiveness for not being there for you. True friendships are formed by 'true' bloggers, and we all stick together. I hope this experience is a lesson for us all, and I am pleased you are able to 'live' with what has happened. What a most unpleasant experience. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017