I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 30 November 2012

Santa's Village and a new show


I have signed up for a new 12 month club called "Santa's Village", a cross stitch version of BOM. Yes, I know, I already have more then enough projects on a go, and I am not really a cross stitcher, but when I saw this picture of the first month of a beautiful design by "Country Cottage Needlework" on Patchwork Rabbit site, I just could not resist. In my mind I can see a beautiful wall hanging ready for Christmas 2013.
You can find more details on their blog here .








Last week I saw this copy of Quiltmania Special on "I Sew Quilts" blog (thank you Sue for reminding me) and like Sue, I would like every one of the quilts in this issue! Well, actually, I already have one! One of the projects is "Scandinavian Christmas Hearts" by Northern Quilts and I made it last year, when they were running it as  BOM.




And what is this about a new show? Well, we have a new quilt show at the Bath & West showground! It is the first one, on at the moment, for 3 days, starting yesterday and finishing tomorrow.

It was very quiet when I visited today, with only half of the hall filled by trade stands, but with a good quilt exhibition.
I expect it will be busier tomorrow, when Kaffe Fassett visits the show.
I hope the word will get around and the show will be back next year, as we badly need a good quilt show in this part of the world.













quilts from Tula Pink's designs



and some of my favorites from the exhibition














I wish you all a wonderful weekend !


© pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2012




15 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

lovely quilts ... of course yours is the best ... I LOVE quilmania magazine xx

Diane-crewe said...

lovely quilts ... of course yours is the best ... I LOVE quilmania magazine xx

Anneliese said...

You are showing beautiful quilts, Radka, thank you - it is a joy to look at.

Gudrun said...

Lovely quilts-nice in other than christmas fabrics:-))
New year-new plans=that´s fine!
Hugs Gudrun

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
Thank you for the nice pictures of the show, it must be great. I like your stitchery, especially the tablecloth. I will have a look for this issue of Quiltmania -
have a nice weekend
Hanna

katherine said...

I love your heart quilt and will enjoy seeing each cross stitch being done for next xmas. It is a gorgeous little design.

Ella said...

Radko tvuj quilt je moc hezky u vas to uz vypada vanocne a my se tady potime.Na te vystave by se mi moooc libilo tolik krasnych veci na okukovani.Kdyz jsem cetla to jmeno Kafee Fassett tak se mi zdalo nejake povedome tak jsem se podivala do knihovny a mam od nej knihu s vzorky na pleteni.Ted jsem se koukla v zadu do knihy co o nem pisi a on pochazi z Ameriky a do Anglie prisel az v 64roce.

lm said...

Ahoj Radko,vidím že se pouštíš do dalšího nového šití.určitě to bude moc hezká práce.Výstava byla jistě moc pěkná a inspirativní. Hezké adventní dny Libuše

margaret said...

your cross stitch project sounds good, love the first one you have done. Find cross stitch is not for me makes me cross and I get lost with the chart, and cross eyed.
Quilt show looks good, maybe not many traders but lots of wonderful quilts to inspire you.
Your cloth is beautiful will have to check out Quiltmania, when I looked the other week they were waiting for the new one the next day and had already removed the previous one and could not find any in the stock room, I think a trip to Smiths is called for.

Nähmeise said...

Dear Radka,
this is a particularly nice project so I wish you much joy, I also like your tablecloth! Thanks for the beautiful pictures of the quilt exhibition! Have a nice weekend !

Juliettecherry said...

Hi Radka, just got around to catching up on your last few postings. Enjoyable to read as always. I am so pleased to see you continue blogging despite the previous problem. Good for you!

Your frosty headings is lovely. Winter scenes, so nice to look at, from indoors!!

The quilt show looked interesting although quiet, nice to be able to get round it in comfort though.

Love the idea of a cross stitch BOM, it's my favourite type of needlework. (too many projects already though...)

Juliettecherry said...

Hi Radka, just got around to catching up on your last few postings. Enjoyable to read as always. I am so pleased to see you continue blogging despite the previous problem. Good for you!

Your frosty headings is lovely. Winter scenes, so nice to look at, from indoors!!

The quilt show looked interesting although quiet, nice to be able to get round it in comfort though.

Love the idea of a cross stitch BOM, it's my favourite type of needlework. (too many projects already though...)

Linda said...

I do hope you enjoy your newest ongoing project. It will be lovely I'm sure. Thanks for taking us on your quilt show journey, so many lovely things to look at. Of course, your table topper is always a favourite of mine. Good to see you 'stamping your photos'..... We should all do that.

I hope your week is going well. I absolutely love your newest header photo, so very wintery - a far cry from this oppressive heat we are having!!!

Helena said...

Radu, ten domeček je jako z pohádky!
Moc se mi líbí tvůj stůl, ubrus je překrásný!
Přeju hezké adventní dny, Helena

Ajka said...

Fantastická výstava....
Ajka

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017