I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 17 January 2016

Yoko Saito's Mystery Quilt - it's on the wall!


Yes, it is hanging up!
Three and half years in making, 
Yoko Saito's Mystery BOM quilt, 
originally designed for Quiltmania magazine.

My first project finished this year.
All hand stitched - applique, embroidery and quilting.
I used the machine only for joining of the blocks and attaching the binding.




























































©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

13 comments:

margaret said...

this is a pretty special wall hanging, you must delighted that kept going with it a labour of love. Loving all those little houses and the angles they are set at

Siddis back home said...

Beautiful quilt! Happy Quilting!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Radka, je to skvelé, a 3,5 roka či viac, to nie je smerodajné!
Hlavné je, že je to na stene a vyzerá naozaj na 1!
Pááá

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

What a lovely quilt! I'm looking forward to better photos.

Cattinka said...

This quilt is beautiful! I had seen lots of them together in France a few years back and I was very impressen. Yours could have hung among them it would have enhenced the exhibition.
KATRIN W.

Catherine said...

I'm not surprised you couldn't wait to share it - it's fantastic.

Anneliese said...

Beautiful, Radka, the colours are so very special and pleasing. How did you make the staircases? The ones on either side. Is it woven in the fabric? They make the village so interesting like it is biult on a hill.

Lin said...

What a gorgeous hanging and a great first finish for the year. Well done. xx

Frances Leate said...

The quilt looks gorgeous and wonderful hanging on your wall.

Dianne said...

Your finished quilt is truly awesome, Radka. You should feel very proud of it hanging on your wall. An heirloom for sure.

Oops-Lah said...

Beautiful! I've seen the original quilt at an exhibition but I prefer your colours. A real labour of love!

Tiggy Rawling said...

Amazing. Beautiful work and such fun.

AnneMarie said...

Beautiful quilt! I love house quilts and yours is just amazing. I've been searching for this pattern online when I came across your blog. Love the bright colors. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017