I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 21 August 2010

enough plums?

We have been having very windy weather recently and last night the wind was really strong. This morning we had a surprise in our garden, one of the branches of the last plum tree to ripen has been snapped by the wind. It was full of of not yer ripe plums, a few jars of jam less then!
May be it is the nature's way of telling us: enough is enough.






I must admit that the plum harvest has been huge! Some fruit has been processed, lots given away and I am still working on it!
Today I made a plum and strawberry jam and a plum crumble.





And one for the freezer.

6 comments:

  1. Que pena el ciruelo pero la mermelada tiene que estar buenisima
    Besos:Mayte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jealous of the plum tree, any fruit tree in fact. I do wish we had planted some fruit trees when we moved to this house....but who knew we would still be there 40 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So disappointing about the plum tree but you have certainly been cooking up a storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm i love plum crumble...well if im telling the truth i love any crumble....lol....i think the fruit crops have been great this year too...i believe its because we had a proper winter...my theory anyhow x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your cooking as always Radka. Thanks for sharing. You are a busy person. Sorry I haven't commented before, computer not my best friend at the moment. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps the tree was just stressed after some really unseasonable hot weather and the effort of producing such a big crop. Perhaps the pruning saw is required.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017