I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 6 August 2010

interesting places on my doorstep

A routine hospital appointment early in the day gave us an excuse to have a day out and explore a little.
Driving around our county always reminds me how diverse this area is: hills, valleys, woods and forests, moors, wetlands and the coast; picturesque villages and old market towns

.



We decided to visit the Somerset Museum of Rural Life. This is a small museum on the edge of Glastonbury. The exhibition is a reconstruction of a life of one particular farm worker, who is known to had lived in one of the local villages, which makes it more personal.







One of the other places I like is the Somerset Guild of Craftsmen. It is one of the oldest Craft Guilds in the country, with a permanent exhibition in the Courthouse Gallery in Somerton, where there is 60 - 80 craftsment exhibiting at any one time. This is a feast for eyes, and it is very hard to walk away without a purchase.


And then there is the Willows & Wetlands Centre, with the Basket Museum and a shop, one of my favourite places!
Never yet have I managed to come home from there without at least one new item. I love baskets and I use them all around the house.



It would not be a day out without a stop for a lunch in a country pub!

6 comments:

  1. Gracias por mostrarnos esos lugares tan bonitos, son una belleza, me han gustado mucho las tarjetas y sobre todo los objetos de mimbre, me encantan.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fun day out and saw some interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radka, what a lovely time you had. I love seeing buildings and crafts from other places. I too love baskets, although at the moment don't have them 'out'. I particularly love that 'jug' you have the gerberas in, it's really different. Thanks for brightening up a winter's morning here in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely outing. I love the baskets. What is the name of the pub. The names of English Pubs are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish it was just round the corner from our place. What a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting places you visited. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017