Driving around our county always reminds me how diverse this area is: hills, valleys, woods and forests, moors, wetlands and the coast; picturesque villages and old market towns
.


We decided to visit the Somerset Museum of Rural Life. This is a small museum on the edge of Glastonbury. The exhibition is a reconstruction of a life of one particular farm worker, who is known to had lived in one of the local villages, which makes it more personal.
One of the other places I like is the Somerset Guild of Craftsmen. It is one of the oldest Craft Guilds in the country, with a permanent exhibition in the Courthouse Gallery in Somerton, where there is 60 - 80 craftsment exhibiting at any one time. This is a feast for eyes, and it is very hard to walk away without a purchase.
And then there is the Willows & Wetlands Centre, with the Basket Museum and a shop, one of my favourite places!

















Gracias por mostrarnos esos lugares tan bonitos, son una belleza, me han gustado mucho las tarjetas y sobre todo los objetos de mimbre, me encantan.
ReplyDeleteBesos.
It looks like you had a fun day out and saw some interesting things.
ReplyDeleteRadka, what a lovely time you had. I love seeing buildings and crafts from other places. I too love baskets, although at the moment don't have them 'out'. I particularly love that 'jug' you have the gerberas in, it's really different. Thanks for brightening up a winter's morning here in Oz.
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely outing. I love the baskets. What is the name of the pub. The names of English Pubs are so interesting.
ReplyDeleteWish it was just round the corner from our place. What a lovely place to visit.
ReplyDeleteInteresting places you visited. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
ReplyDelete