I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 18 July 2010

english summer



We have been having a glorious summer this year, very settled, with lovely warm evenings. We have been able to enjoy our garden, to the point that we have been more or less living out there. The housework has definitely been suffering.


But  the weather has changed about a week ago. We are back to very English summer, we all know and love (or not), very unpredictable.
We planned a BBQ for Saturday, to celebrate our daughter's birthday. Saturday came and it rained, and it rained, with high winds. With a resignation, I prepared myself for having to cook all that meat in the oven and eat inside, not for the first time I have to say, this is what happens often to English BBQs.
Just when we started to set up the table inside, it stopped raining, the sun came out and we ended up with a fantastic afternoon in the garden!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got to eat outdoors and enjoy your daughter's birthday the way you had planned. Even in Australia it is very hard to predict our weather and in the tropics we have cyclones to contend with in summer. I am enjoying your summer garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely that the rain stopped and you could be outside as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear the BBQ went on as planned. Really isn't a BBQ inside, is it......... Send some of that rain our way, I'll take it at the moment. Petunia is such a beautiful colour Radka!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017