I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 9 July 2010

Sweden 2010 - shopping

There are many wonderful things one can buy in Sweden, be it glass, wooden objects, textiles...Scandinavian design is well known. Our house is full on reminders of previous trips.

Did I buy some goodies this time? Oh, yes!

I love table linen and I do use it a lot at home.




In this wonderful shop in Rattvik I bought cotton fabric, enough to make a quilt.












And in this lovely shop in Leksand I bought Swedish linen thread.
I have not used or seen it before, but I just had to buy it, just look at the colours, they are like sweeties!
If any of you have any experience using a linen thread, I would be grateful for your opinion.

3 comments:

  1. love your blog...gives me a real sense of locale from someone with an 'eye' similar to mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds you had a beautiful holiday in Sweden, I never used linen thread too but I also had bought these lovely floss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some wonderful buys from your trip. Can't wait to see a quilt made from those gorgeous fabrics. I have never worked the threads that you have bought but have used DMC's linen range which I think may have been discontinued. I found that it frayed easily so used short lengths and some fabrics, I forget which, were hard to stitch through. Yours look so much nicer and not being a stranded thread might perform much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017