I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 25 July 2010

members day


Our Embroiderers Guild group meets once a month in this lovely village hall.
On Saturday it was the Members Day, when we don't have any workshops, but everyone brings in anything they have made in the past year, or anything they are currently working on, and we have a display.
Considering that we are only a very small branch of the Guild, and that some ladies were away on holiday, our small show was quite impressive, with a lots of different items. It showed how much talent there is in our small group.


These are some of the pictures taken on the day.




Some of the ladies were showing whitework samples they made in the last month workshop.The tutor was Clare Hanham-Clensy. Whitework is something I would like to have a go at, but unfortunately I was on holiday. She has an exhibition in Bradford-on-Avon (not so many miles from us) in September, I will try to see her work there.

8 comments:

DIAN said...

what a fantastic display- such a variety of techniques. Thanks for sharing these pics with us.

fabriquefantastique said...

yes, you did have an impressive display. Love the sense of community.

Frances Leate said...

A lovely display of beautiful work by some very talented members. What did you display?

Lorenza said...

So many lovely works: it's an interesting group!

Linda said...

Radka, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pieces. I get to share without leaving my home. I do see some of your pieces in there too. What a lovely display for a small group. Well done. BTW, it IS a lovely hall.

Jensters said...

Wow such fantastic work going on here....love that igloo.

Ati. said...

How nice to meet people with the same interests and hobbeis. It is so nice to see needlework in real. Alway 100 times better than a photo.

ale balanzario said...

Wow all the works are so well done and so beautiful, congratulations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017