my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 5 December 2010

crazy weather and christmas cards

It rained the night before last, it rained all day yesterday, so  most of the snow has now gone. Crazy English weather! It is a beautiful sunny day today and we were desperate for a good walk in the forest, so we set out this morning for a short drive to the woods. But the temperature must had dropped in the early hours this morning, there was a lot of black ice on the roads. After some careful driving we made it to the forest and while walking, we also collected some stuff for Christmas decorations.

While I am waiting for the postman to deliver some wadding for the Christmas tablecloth, I started another small project. I bought this kit for "Heirloom Hannah" by Elaine Aitken from Button Angel nearly two years ago and rediscovered it recently when tidying my room.


My granddaughter's school let the children design their own Christmas cards and then had them commercially printed and made up into packs of 12 cards. The proceeds of the sale of the cards will go to the PTA, for those little extras.
This is a card by my 5 year old granddaughter, with her name as the designer on the back.


4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Children design is always fantastic!

Annemariesquilt said...

Very cute christmas cards..
We had 2o cm with more snow during the night . It is realy lovely and Christmacy outside ;-))

suz said...

I found you thru May Britt at Abyquilt. I love the card your granddaughter designed...it's so sweet. I watched your slides of your work in complete awe. You are so talented! I also decided to comment because you mention you are from Bohemia and you are the first person I've come across from there except for my grandmother. She was born in Bohemia and went to Austria just after WWI to work. She met my grandfather there and they came to the US in the 20s. Her father was a farmer in Bohemia and I know she had 2 brothers and a sister (maybe more). Sadly that's all I know.
I'm looking forward to following your blog.

Linda said...

Radka, what delightful cards your grand daughter 'designed'. I think it is an excellent idea, and must tell you DIL. I love the look of Heirloom Hannah, I'm sure she will look lovely when you've worked your magic on her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017